Vocational Center - Career Advice
Career advice and resources for those with a job and those looking to find a new job.
FREQUENTLY ASKED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Try asking yourself these questions prior to the interview:
- Why would you like to work for this company?
- What do you consider to be some of your strengths?
- What do you consider to be some of your weaknesses?
- How did you hear about our company?
- What kind of environment do you enjoy working in?
TIPS FOR THE INTERVIEW
- Dig up information about the company before the interview so the employer knows you came prepared and you’re really taking the interview seriously.
- Have two questions about the position or company prepared to show the employer you are interested.
- Remember good hygiene: brush your teeth, wash your face, wear deodorant, iron your clothes. First impressions go a long, long way.
- Dress appropriately: look professional and not too fancy or casual.
- Be polite and greet the interviewer with a firm handshake (not too hard).
- Have a good attitude: smile a lot and be positive. Employers are looking for someone who is confident- not someone who is going to be super negative or complain every other minute.
- Speak clearly: when answering questions, make sure not to mumble so the interviewer can understand you. Gum is a definite no-no!
: College of Computer Science, Northeastern University, Boston, MA; and Teenager’s Guide to the Real World Online.
Call us at ED Anywhere if you would like a "Career Assessment"
or if you would like to develop your Career Pathway Profile.